BSMC 2013

Last weekend Spirit of the Seventies / The Bike Shed held a first in London, Shoreditch Studios and nailed it from the off, nice one.
A mix of bikes (obviously), photography, haircuts & tattoos, food and finally quality retail gear.

In 2008 I bought a Hypermotard 1100s which was basically useless in London. Ok, it was much fun and a bit of a pigeon worrier but what I should have done was go straight down to South London, knock on the door of Baron Speed Shop and beg them to build me something like this;

Looking at it now I've just realised that I didn't even notice on Saturday the red pipe inner paint or the seat!


Tough

Red Max and Untitled MC on show

Martin Squires, unusually having a spare second by himself getting down to business

I briefly mentioned the retail which was all good stuff, hopefully next year I'll be displaying. Last weekend my buddy Si & Tom put in an enormous effort to get their www.foundrymotorcycle.co.uk up and displaying at the show. They've got it covered, bike builds, retail & coffee ready for a ride out.



Apologies to Sideburn Magazine for not getting a snap of your Enfield collab (I forgot to snap and talk at the same time!)

There are bikes we want. We've all got a  garage full list that changes sometimes even hourly and I'm in that camp for sure.
This last one from The Bike Shed / Spirit of the Seventies though, got me.
I've had a long hankering to turn a TRX850 (cheap) into a Bol d'or endurance but road bike.
This ER6 and it's like may well be the future of custom bike builds with ever more stringent MOT checks here in the UK. Old Modern, Modern Old.... needs a better tag.

Comments

Popular Posts