W650 exhaust baffle removal

This Kawasaki is one hell of a quiet bike in stock form. Heavy pedestrians make more noise breathing.
This W is 12 years old and I almost can't believe none of the previous owners have done something about it, but on the up side, I much prefer starting with something stock.

Taking the baffles out has just made it sound like a normal bike on the throttle, nothing raucous (still too quiet for me!).
However it only took an hour and cost about £3 on a 500mm threaded rod so well worth doing I'd say. 



There are already a couple of good how-to posts on getting the baffles out which I followed myself and unusually...... they worked so I won't bother repeating, just adding some of my own photos. 

Well worth doing on mine.

Comments

  1. Can you direct me to the instructions you followed to do this? I can't seem to find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, The link I used seems to have vanished but if you google w650 baffle removal or baffleectomy you should find something on Youtube or a site. I've since sold my W650, if I was doing it again I'd probably go for a full new system. Removing the baffles makes it a bit louder under throttle, but no faster.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts