Leather Wallet Chain - Lanyard

I like to keep the Chester Belter product line as fresh as possible so I'm always looking at new ways of approaching a brand new or existing item/product. Design & development I guess is the term, or a bit of tinkering.

I do like the lanyard, a nice simple design using high quality leather and hardware with the tan leather developing a darker patina the more it's used.
The update on the design I've been thinking about has worked out well so will be appearing in my webshop shortly.
 
Here's a bench version worked up in Copper Rivets & stitched with a switchback section that can swing side to side about 90 degrees.
The idea of the switchback is so that when you've hooked up your wallet in your pocket, the hinged switchback section drops into the pocket and the longer section of the lanyard drops down flat outside with no twisted kink of the leather near the pocket. It works real well.

I did want to use the black Horween leather for the Mk2 switchback design but having tested the bench version, it has a little bit too much movement in the leather for me to feel happy about the rivets staying put. The world famous Horween tannery hotstuff this leather with oils making it quite weatherproof and unique as a leather but for this intended use I'll be using a more tradition tanned leather.
The final version will be in my webshop very soon.




Comments

Popular Posts