New Leather

I've been "road testing" so to speak a couple of new pieces that I'll soon be adding to the shop.

The superslim iPhone pouch in black calf leather with contrasting thick natural linen thread. I've hand stitched it so the iPhone fits nice and snug with no need for any type of extra securing. It's yet also still really easy to get to the iPhone in a hurry if you need, just hold it in your palm and using your other hand, push it up from beneath with your thumb and it glides out. The weight of this leather is perfect to allow this and yet strong enough to still give the phone protection.

The cardholder by contrast is super super tough. The leather is developing some really nice wear and will get darker over the years. This is piece No1, so don't worry, the final shop ready pieces will have the securing back stitch echoed on the other side to give it visual design symmetry. I've used Belfast waxed 4 cord linen thread which is great to work with. I'll probably work some others up with a different thread colour(s).

I've briefly mentioned my handmade leather keyfobs in an earlier, rather rushed post but I'll give a more detailed post about them soon as they certainly deserve it.

Remember all my pieces are hand cut and hand saddle stitched.  
 
     

Comments

Popular Posts