Twin Amal's

My very basic diagnosis is.... They're knackered.

However the good news is that after a strip down:
the float chamber cleared of rust
the needle jet blown free of crap (both)
new fuel lines with filters (worth it as it looks like it caught some rubber crap from the new lines)
new pancakes... and I'm good to go, or atleast a marked improvement on before. And when a bike starts on second kick after a carb strip, it gives me vibes I like.

The bad news is the bodies are warped, especially the left side, the photo below actually makes the valve/slide look really good!

Considering the lack of use this bike has had for possibly the last 3 to 4 years I'm chuffed so far by how it's going. My tools sure needs an update though an old-date is more what's required.

Comments

Popular Posts